Re: Handle XForms Submit whith XmlHttpRequest

Landry,

I am not sure I understand your question perfectly, but I may just go
with a double, absolutely shameless plug and first point you to the
article we presented at the XTech conference this year on the
relationship between XForms and Ajax [1].

The bottom line is that if you use an Ajax-based XForms engine like
Orbeon PresentationServer (OPS) [2], you will be able to do exactly
what you are trying to do (as far as I understand your question).

You win on both fronts: you write your application with XForms, with
all its declarative power, and you use Ajax as a deployment technology
for XForms, which allows you to target mainstream web browsers without
the need for plugins or browser upgrades.

-Erik

[1] http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/schedule/detail/133
[2] http://www.orbeon.com/

--