empty instance generates link exception?

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:49:59 -0600
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hey,

I just want to verify that an empty instance element should generate a
xforms-link-exception, right?

For example,

<xforms:model>
   <xforms:instance id="myInstance"/>
</xforms:model>

My reading of the spec leads me to think so since the instance document
can't be well-formed without a root element which should generate a
xforms-link-exception.  The different processors seem to behave
inconsitently with my testcase.  Novell gives the warning.  X-Smiles has
their own processor error and formsPlayer and Mozilla just let it
proceed as normal.

Please let me know what the proper behavior should be.

Thanks,
--Aaron