Re: Firefox Xforms extension

From: Jason Bailey <j.bailey@sussex.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:51:06 +0000
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi Lars,

I've been using the xforms extension for a while. Generally after an update
to firefox it doesn't work. What I normally do is download and install the
nightly build of the xforms xpi. I've been caught out a few times when
installing the extension on colleagues computers. I now keep a copy of the
extension with a copy of the firefox installer so I know they match. I'll
give your method a go too, so thanks.

--On 07 February 2006 10:40 +0100 Lars Oppermann <Lars.Oppermann@Sun.COM>

> Hi,
> I have noticed, that some extension seem have trouble being installed
> into a profile after an upgrade to Firefox 1.5, XForms was one of them.
> It seems to be related to some changes to the way the profile works.
> Since I didn't have anything too important in my profile, I just saved my
> bookmarks and deleted it. After that, everything (including XForms) was
> working as expected...
Jason Bailey
IT Services
University of Sussex