Re: XForms schema: mustUnderstand and extension

Hi Mark,

Could you point us to an example of a form with xf:extension and what it
would look like when rendered?  You are using xf:extension as like input
data to the widget, then?  And the widget decides what to do with it?  I
never thought of it that way, but that is a cool idea.  Kinda of like
deciding which widget to use for an xforms element based on @appearance
or the bound type.  An implementation could decide on the widget based
on the type of data in the child xf:extension. In this usage, I think I
agree with Mark that there should just be one per element...kind of like
a label.

One interesting thing would be whether if you put an xf:extension of a
xf:repeat, would you then end up with an xf:extension per repeat row, or
  still just the one applying to the repeat?  I would think just one for
the repeat and that there wouldn't be one per row.

Mozilla hasn't done anything with xf:extension, yet, but we are
interested in the possibilities that it presents.

--Aaron