Re: url params et al

argh -next time I'll read the doco first!
I'm using Chiba and it already has a way of handling this very much
along the lines described by Mark. DOH!
-if you are interested in their resolution its described in the chiba
cookbook, or the short version in the chiba FAQ

thanks again to all that helped - I'll now be using the chiba specific
solution just because in this case its very simple and unobtrusive.

"specifiy a parameter on the GET string calling the form. This parameter
say 'foo' may then be used on the URI-string such as <submission
action="http://yourhost/{foo}" .../>. The value of 'foo' will be
substituted for the expression {foo} then. "

*note there are more elaborate mechanisms for handling arbitrary numbers
of named params, potentially (I think) from multiple sources.

Regards
Jason.