Re: Can toggle@case or case@selected be calculated?

Yes, I'd prefer to use AVTs rather than to introduce new markup which
tends to bloat.

I even don't see a Pandora's box of processing questions open as John
stated: It should be clearly stated when these AVTs are evaluated and in
which context (like it is for any other XPath expression in XForms).

AVTs occurring in non-XForms-markup are not the XForms processor's cup
of tea. The latter might be dissatisfying to form authors attempting to
use AVTs in XHTML markup but they can't use XPath expressions there too.
So this is no point against introducing AVTs to XForms in my eyes.

Regards,
Uli.

--
Ulrich Nicolas Lissé