From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Birbeck
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:03 PM
To: Alessandro Triglia
Cc: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Re: Reusing a form in another form

Hi Alessandro,

> This sounds like a great idea.  I was thinking more in "static"
terms...

We use XInclude a lot, but the problem is the forms can end up very
big. What we're really after is a situation where the author doesn't
have to think about it, but how do you explain to an author why they
can't use 10 XInclude statements?

> ... but
> deferred loading is more interesting than static aggregation and
covers even
> more use cases.

Yes, I agree. Replacing part of a form with HTML is something that is
done a lot in the Ajax world, but it's very difficult to manage in a
scripted environment. Our approach using XForms makes it really easy.

> Did you say you are going to implement this?

Yes, we've already implemented it. And you have inspired me to write a
short blog entry about it too, which shows an example of the mark-up:

<http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2006/08/using-subforms-in-xforms.html

All the best,

Mark Birbeck
CEO