type MIP for data types only

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:40:52 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org
Our read of XForms spec says that type MIP is for data types only.

So, what should happen in the invalid case that a form author does attempt
to associate a complex (structural) type with a subtree node using the
xforms type mip?

We think the behavior is undefined, so an implementation is free to
sometimes return true and other times false without reaching
interoperability with other implementations.

Opinions?

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect/Research Scientist
Co-Chair, W3C XForms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/

Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/boyer/index.jsp