Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

Erik Bruchez wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Daniel doesn't only want to tell whether there was a success or a
> failure, but also to display a series of errors returned by the server.
> In that case, the event sent upon the completion of the submission will
> always be xforms-submit-done, whether his server-side code succeeds or
> fails, since in both cases a new instance containg the status of the
> server-side operations will be returned successfully. So he needs some
> type of conditions, whether by using relevant or conditional events, as
> I suggested.

Assuming I'm working with Firefox 1.5b2, and the preview release 2 of
Mozilla's XForms extension, what are my options to achieve this? Can
xpath toggle the visibility of one of two <div>'s, depending on the DB
insert success/failure?

One option I looked at previously was setting the HTTP response code to
499 upon server-side validation failure, hoping to trigger the
xforms-submit-error event - but apparently Mozilla's xforms processor
doesn't (yet) behave this way.

Excuse me if these questions are way off base - I'm really on the fringe
of my knowledge here.