Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

There are also great opportunities, I think, for using XForms to reduce
the need for custom javascript in AJAX applications...why not think about
the XForms processing model as the glue that links XML models to HTML
widgets in an AJAX app?  This would be another benefit to supporting a
separable XForms model and custom controls...

Charlie Wiecha

Allan Beaufour <allan@beaufour.dk>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
10/25/2005 09:40 AM

Undisclosed.Recipients: ;
cc
www-forms@w3.org
Subject
Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

On Tuesday October 25 2005 14:05, Jason Eacott wrote:
> ajax is popular because its accessible, and can be applied to existing
> infrastructure. xforms is a whole different approach, with a much
steeper
> learning curve and requires more effort to make a reality. but clearly
> there are lots of people who think the effort is worth it.

I think it is. There are overlap in the uses of AJAX and XForms IMHO. As
Mark
also writes we really need some better intros and examples -- that could
help
the process.

.... Allan