Re: xforms-link-error target

From: Aaron Reed <mozillaxforms@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:30:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: erik@bruchez.org
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

Hey Erik,

>I am however wondering what the reasoning is behind
>xforms-link-error to the model.

I'm just guessing here since I wasn't around when the
decision was
made, but I think that it makes sense.  The errors are
because the
links are bad, which is a reflection on the instance
data that the
model contains.  It isn't a reflection on anything
being wrong with
the control.  Changing the control won't fix the

But again, this is just a guess on my part.

>forms:load and xforms:message: in this case, I am not
sure, but if a
>model receives the event, it makes it impossible to
determine which link

The link that failed should be in the context info for
the event according
to the spec