xforms-link-error target

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:08:06 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

All,

The spec says that if you use the @src attribute on xforms:message, and
link traversal fails, you must throw an xforms-link-error event. So far
so good.

I am however wondering what the reasoning is behind sending
xforms-link-error to the model. It makes sense for
xforms-link-exception, which is thrown when processing an XForms model.
But xforms-link-error is thrown when handling:

o xforms:label, xforms:label, xforms:help, xforms:hint, and
xforms:alert. In this case, sending the event to the associated control
seems to make more sense to me.

o xforms:load and xforms:message: in this case, I am not sure, but if a
model receives the event, it makes it impossible to determine which link
failed, for example. Also, it is not immediately obvious to the
developer which model receives the event.

Thoughts on this?

-Erik