Re: xforms:message and subsequent actions

Thursday 06 October 2005 16:34 skrev Erik Bruchez:
> What is the expected behavior of the xforms:message action with regard
> to subsequent actions? To be more precise, let's say you have something
> like:
>
> <xforms:action ev:event="DOMActivate">
>    <xforms:message level="modal" .../>
>    <xforms:toggle .../>
> </xforms:action>
>
> In the case of the "modal" level in particular, is the display of the
> modal message meant to pause the execution of further actions until the
> user acknowledges the modal message?

Good question :) I would think so yes, but I cannot find the answer in the
spec... I've always seen the action element as executing the events
sequentially, which means waiting for the "message action" to end before
continuing.

> In the case of other message levels, must the messages be necessarily
> shown to the user before further actions are executed?

I would say yes to that. The section about the action element states (10.1.1):
"This action causes its child actions to be invoked in the order that they are
specified in the document."
I read "invoked" as having the message shown.

--
Allan Beaufour
Linux Software Engineer

Novell, Inc.