xforms:message and subsequent actions

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:34:42 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

All,

What is the expected behavior of the xforms:message action with regard
to subsequent actions? To be more precise, let's say you have something
like:

<xforms:action ev:event="DOMActivate">
   <xforms:message level="modal" .../>
   <xforms:toggle .../>
</xforms:action>

In the case of the "modal" level in particular, is the display of the
modal message meant to pause the execution of further actions until the
user acknowledges the modal message?

In the case of other message levels, must the messages be necessarily
shown to the user before further actions are executed?

(Note that subsequent actions may do a lot of works including sending
other events, requesting further messages, etc.)

For a server-side implementation which has to communicate with a light
client, the impact on the implementation may be significant, so for OPS
we would like to be sure we are doing something that makes sense.

-Erik