Re: Loading & saving documents

From: Allan Beaufour <abeaufour@novell.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:48:50 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Tuesday 04 October 2005 15:52 skrev Flinton Adam:
> I can start off hosting the page/form itself within a jsp but the files
> to be opened would always be on the user's local disk & would need to be
> persisted back to that disk.

The tricky bit is how to let the user choose what file to load from and store
to. As long as you have a server involved, the server could create an
instance with the possible data documents. The user could then select a
location with a select1, triggering a submission that loads the appropriate
instance data ... or creates it if the user chooses a new name.

Without a server, it's possible to load and store from the same document, but
not letting the user choose one.

Of course you get a bit of help from XForms Buddy, but it's not exactly
smooth, and you still depend on something "extra".

Allan Beaufour
Linux Software Engineer

Novell, Inc.
Software for the Open Enterprise