Re: AJAX vs. Xforms

From: Vincent Berger <vincent.berger@afp.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:58:06 +0100
To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: Caroline Jarrett <caroline.jarrett@effortmark.co.uk>, www-forms@w3.org

> We're not against open standard specifications. We're against, poor
> quality, incomplete, unreliable implementations of those specs. And
> we're quite annoyed that a spec we actually like is crippled by the lack
> of conformant, free-as-in-speech, multiplatform  implementations. We
> hope for the day when that isn't the case, but we're realistic enough to
> acknowledge that day isn't today and it isn't tomorrow either.

I disagree, but it may be a question of practice.
We use XForms today, and the only drawback is that sometimes it takes a
little while to load,
(in case of multi-pages (about 30) User Interface for off-line form

Of course, if someone as famous as you are, says with determination that
XForms is the worth thing he has never seen,  the task will be harder

I think that you're help  is welcome if you want to give a hand. It will
be really great.

But if you don't for some mystic reasons, XForms will survive because
it's a standard spec for all, a paradise for programmers, a cost reducer
for the hierarchy in charge of,
a chapter to add on the help desk for the lost orphan friendless end

It's not a bet, just a relief I want to share (but I'm not well-known, I
only write songs and poems for my children,
as normal people ;-).

Vincent Berger <vincent.berger@afp.com>
Agence France-Presse

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com