RE: Is or isn't scripting needed, was RE: XForms vs. Web Forms

Hi David,

My response (below marked by >>) is to someone who asserted that
the client would receive the what-wg markup and that the document
would 'work better' if the browser were upgraded and that this
would be incentive to upgrade the browser.

Your response has nothing to do with that thread.

But it is worth separately considering, since you're suggesting
deployment of new web servers that can

1) distinguish between browsers that understand what-wg syntax and
those that can't
2) can determine whether the html content being served uses
what-wg syntax
3) can translate what-wg syntax into a pile of legacy html+script

If you replace what-wg syntax with xforms, it is clear that
the same solution is possible.

In fact, this is just another variation on the same suggestion
that the what-wg syntax has some kind of deployment benefit.
It doesn't.

The only thing it will manage to do is goop up html so that it
cannot be further extended to solve the numerous use cases I
listed in a prior email and which you have still to comment upon.

John Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect and Research Scientist
PureEdge Solutions Inc.