Re: XForms vs. Web Forms

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:43:01 +0100
To: "Goodrich, Christopher Michael" <cmgoodr@sandia.gov>
CC: www-forms@w3.org

Goodrich, Christopher Michael wrote:
> First,  This article omits details that have come to light recently
> regarding the support for xforms.  Namely, the Mozilla foundation has
> dropped their flagship suite in favor of the standalone applications
> Firefox/Thunderbird (and quite possibly Sunbird as well, although it's
> still in beta).  Firefox currently has built in support for xforms in
> it's nightly builds (not sure if this has been implemented in the 1.0.1
> release, but I suspect that was a security patch fix, not a feature
> upgrade).

This statement is false. Firefox has a plugin that enables support for
XForms. It is not enabled by default, it has to be downloaded
separately. And, not all is supported.

> My vote still lies with xforms (ok, I'm being biased here) I don't like
> Microshaft's proprietary ways and support open standards that make life
> easier (scripting is definitely NOT easier).

Since when is Web Forms 2.0 from Microsoft? Since when does it heavily
rely on scripting?

Perhaps you should read up a bit on both specification (and
implementations) before giving comments on them.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>