Forms Competition

From: Dharmesh Mistry <Dharmesh.Mistry@edgeipk.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:28:40 -0000
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

First all off well done to Ian Hixie, never before have we seen such an
active discussion proving the interest that Xforms has.

Apart from code samples, I thin there ought to be (if there is isn't
aleady) a place to record competitive approachs + capability for people
to critique them with respect to XForms. Not only will this heighten
knowledge generally, but it would accelerate ideas into XForms.

Some of the ones that I am aware of are:

Proprietary 		FlashMX		Macromedia
			xPDF		Adobe
			AltioLive	Altio
			XAML		Microsoft

Open			XUL		Mozilla
			Java		Sun Microsystems

XForms	(Server based)	Orbeon

XForms (Client based)	Formsplayer

Regards......................Dharmesh

Dharmesh Mistry
CTO, edge IPK
E: dharmesh@edgeipk.com
M: 07789 222 015

Newbury Office                   T  +44 (0) 1635 231 231    F  +44 (0)
1635 569 371
This message may contain information which is confidential or
privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by reply
e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a
copy.

edge IPK Limited
Registered office - 9 Wardle Avenue, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31
6JR
Registered in England No. 4286817