RE: tree view in xforms

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:32:51 -0500
To: "'Stefano Debenedetti'" <ste@demaledetti.net>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>

Whilst it's not impossible to define a tree view that will work on (for
example) both a voice system and on a screen, it's not as easy as people
think. As you say, it's easier to define a tree view for a GUI-based system,
but as you know XForms is about multimodal user interfaces, so we really do
need to get this right.

I couldn't say whether this is where the solution will eventually come from,
but interestingly, coping with the recursive nature of such trees becomes
easier when using XBL.

Mark Birbeck
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net