"Value Change with Focus Change" when the focus doesn't change...

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:35:18 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

The spec says, under "4.6.1 For input, secret, textarea, range, or
upload Controls":

"When the form control is interactively changed, and has the
"incremental="true" setting, the event sequence described at 4.6.7
Sequence: Value Change with Focus Change may be initiated at
implementation dependent intervals."

Does it really make sense to send DOMFocusOut and DOMFocusIn events when
the focus hasn't changed? I would imagine that in this case, "Sequence:
Value Change with Focus Change" would still be valid but would NOT send
DOMFocusOut and DOMFocusIn events at all. I don't see anything in the
errata on the subject.

-Erik