From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Alessandro Vernet
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 9:56 PM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: XForms on Mobile Devices

XForms already provides a number of benefits compared to HTML 4 forms on
browsers, but would be even more valuable on mobile devices (for
instance:
less round-trips with the server, lesser need for JavaScript, device
independence). Despite the benefits, XForms on mobile devices seems to
be an emerging technology at best, with so far only two major
initiatives I am aware of, from IBM and Oracle (see below).

Are there other initiatives I am not aware of? More generally, what is
the state of XForms on mobile devices?

Alex