Re: Insert / delete confusion

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:58:02 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Mark Birbeck wrote:

 >>The current public XForms 1.1 draft however restates that 1.0 uses a
 >>prototype from the initial instance data, the some additions: in 1.1
 >>draft, the prototype is copied from the position specified by the
 >>"at" attribute.
 >

 > I can't see that. In:
 >
 >   <http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#insertAndDelete-action>
 >
 > it says that it doesn't use the initialisation instance data, and instead
 > uses the live DOM.

Not sure who misread whom, but what I meant was that 1.1 draft
restates that in *1.0* the prototype from the initial instance data is
used ("except that the prototype for the instance data to be inserted
is obtained from the live instance DOM rather than from initialization
instance data. "). This is true if you refer to the original 1.0 rec,
but not if you refer to the errata. I assume that this was written
this way because the current 1.1 draft was published before the
current 1.0 errata.

I wish the spec did not use the term "DOM" by the way, but rather the
term XPath data model.

 > As far as I can see the only 'contradiction' is this point about
 > xf:delete.  Since 1.1 is still only a draft, I would go with the 1.0
 > functionality, although obviously including any points from the
 > errata.

That makes sense.

-Erik