[Slightly OT] Forms and Name Spaces

From: Robert Bateman <bobbateman@sequoiallc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:47:14 -0500

I'm playing with an XForms form that I want to send to a Web Service.
But I'm running into a problem - name spaces.

It seems that XML Name Spaces has been evolving fast enough over the
past couple of years such that different printed material has differing
definitions for things like SOAP 1.2, WSDL, MIME, and more.  For
example, I've seen SOAP 1.2 envelopes having the following definitions:

http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope
http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope

While SOAP 1.1 is defined as:

http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/

I *know* I have to be missing something - possibly what are the correct
and proper definitions for Name Spaces for stuff like XForms, SOAP 1.1,
1.2, WSDL, MIME and more.

Bob