Re: [Slightly OT] Forms and Name Spaces

bobbateman@sequoiallc.com writes:

> I'm playing with an XForms form that I want to send to a Web Service.
> But I'm running into a problem - name spaces.
>
> It seems that XML Name Spaces has been evolving fast enough over the
> past couple of years such that different printed material has differing
> definitions for things like SOAP 1.2, WSDL, MIME, and more.  For
> example, I've seen SOAP 1.2 envelopes having the following definitions:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope
> http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope
>
> While SOAP 1.1 is defined as:
>
> http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
>
> I *know* I have to be missing something - possibly what are the correct
> and proper definitions for Name Spaces for stuff like XForms, SOAP 1.1,
> 1.2, WSDL, MIME and more.

Bob,

The SOAP 1.2 namespace URIs you list are relevant to a working draft and
Proposed Recommendation respectively. The latter appears to be used in the SOAP
1.2 Recommendation too.

It's common for W3C specifications under development to use a different
namespace URI for each draft (or at least for each draft where there are
significant changes).

Andrew Watt