xforms:choose within xforms:repeat

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:36:09 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org

All,

 From the 1.0 spec, section 9.3.10:

"A necessary consequence of this is that XForms 1.0 does not specify the
behavior of construct switch within element repeat. Future versions of
XForms may specify the behavior of switch inside repeat based on
implementation experience and user feedback."

Any thoughts about what possible behaviors could be? I see two:

1. All the repeated switches show the same case element and switch at
the same time.

2. Somehow, a particular switch only switches, maybe based on the source
of the initial event causing the toggle action.

I don't think #1 is very satisfying, and I am not too sure about the
consequences of #2. Any other thoughts on the subject? Should the toggle
action take one or more repeat ids / indexes as parameters?

Actual users are likely to hit this snag. See for example this initial
post on ops-users:

   http://mail-archive.objectweb.org/ops-users/2005-08/msg00069.html

-Erik