From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Kianoush Eshaghi
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 10:44 AM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Cc: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net
Subject: WG: How can a text file be uploaded by XForms?

Mark

> Can I just check that I understand the issue? Are you saying that you
> want to upload the file 'as is'? That is, you don't want to see it to
> be stored in a binary or hex format?

I want see it in my instance as like as the content of the file, which
has been uploaded, for example:

I have a file, which contains following text data:
<xx>
	<YY/>
	<ZZ/>
</xx>
If I submit the form, I want to have the following instance:
<request>
	<description>
		<xx>
		<YY/>
		<ZZ/>
		</xx>
	</description>
</request>

> By the way, once the data is copied in, are you then going to submit
> it to a server? Or are you going to do something else. I ask only to
> try and understand what you are trying to do, in case there is another

> way round it.

First I want to create respective XML instances, and to save it into
local file system, how I am going as following <xf:submission
method="put" action="file:C:/result.xml"/> It works well. But If I try
to use http in action="http://localhost/result.xml" method="put", I will
get the HTTP Error message that resource(?) isn't permitted(?)

Second I want to send the created XML instance to a particular XML Web
Services, which is installed on tomcat server. I've tried <xf:submission
method="post" action="http://localhost:8080/CART"/>, but it hasn't also
gone ;-((

> (For example, a quick resolution would be to use an XPath extension
> function to 'unencode' the base64 data back to text. A bit
> long-winded, I know, but it may address your issue for now.)

hi, good idea, but I am new by XPath, Could you point me according to?

Kianoush