Re: XForms custom controls?

From: Micah Dubinko <micah@dubinko.info>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:03:40 -0700
To: Robert Bateman <bobbateman@sequoiallc.com>

Robert Bateman wrote:

>There's something in this discussion that struck a nerve...  Aren't we
>putting ourselves into a situation where we are taking a controlled
>environment and opening ourselves up to trouble?

I wrote about this recently--I call it practicalism vs. elegantism.

Extensions that don't interoperate are clearly on the practical side (I
have a client asking for this. Something needs to be done immediately.)

Once the problem space is understood enough, elegantists can come in and
devise a system that is both general (and elegant) and covers specific
needed cases. I think in the XSLT 1.0 world EXSLT has done a great job
of this.

So, there is a better way. I notice that there is a exforms.org as well,
though not terribly active (so far!). I would love to see more activity
here.

But meanwhile, I need to figure out this directory picker situation. :)

Thanks,

.micah

--
  Available for consulting. XForms, web forms, information overload.
  Micah Dubinko                           mailto:micah@dubinko.info