From: Mark Birbeck [mailto:mark.birbeck@x-port.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:03 AM
To: Klotz, Leigh
Cc: 'Micah Dubinko'; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: FW: Directory picker control

Hi Leigh,

> Micah,
> Are you imagining this?
>
> <upload>
>  <label>foo</label>
>  <filename ref="fn" />
> </upload>
>
> I.e., upload with no single-node binding attributes?

Unfortunately you cannot leave off the single node binding.
However, the spec already allows for us to do what Micah wants, as
follows (I think it was actually you who designed this feature!):

  <xf:bind nodeset="my-file" type="xsd:anyURI" />

  <xf:upload ref="my-file">
    <xf:label>Choose file</xf:label>
  </xf:upload>

I like this approach, since -- in keeping with the 'principles' of
XForms -- we obtain different behaviour at the UI level by changing the
data type at the model level.

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.