Appending XML output to an existing document

From: Gary Stewart <gary@deltagreen.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:01:48 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi there,

I know that XForms has the put method in submit which can write to a file,
but what I'm wanting to do, hopefully without resorting to scripting, is
append a current document with the data submitted as a child of a
pre-existing root element of the document. In effect I'd like to be able
to have multiple form data all go to the same file.

Looking at the FAQ I noticed that you can restore values from a file, so
if you could restore all previous values and append the current form to it
and then write it again then I suppose you'll have the correct effect
however I got lost in the spec on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Gary