From: Alexandre_Franco@Dell.com [mailto:Alexandre_Franco@Dell.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 08:05
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: using xForms for business

Tony,

XForms can handle some of these functionalities. Others will need a server side processing in an internet environment.
It can be a little tricky though.

You can use a repeat element to allow multiple rows in your form.

1. You can use additional instances to handle auxiliary data (description of the goods, avail, vendor) and bind it to the appropriate fields. An event tied to the barcode field can post to an external URI and reload the auxiliary instance data with the new descriptions. As the elements are bound to the instance, the information will appear.
2. The form data is validated during the submission. You can specify in your schema basic validation rules. I'm not sure if this would be enough.
3. I don't see a direct way to do it using XForms.
4. The event model in XForms is very powerful. You could submit the form data (partially or not) for each filled row, it depends on your validation rules

XForms is a complete paradigm change, I suggest you to read Dubinko's XForms Essential book before going deeper into tools.