From: "Mark Seaborne" <mseaborne@origoservices.com>
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 2:27 PM
Subject: Are people really using real XForms in real life?

> Greetings,
>
> I keep being told by people who haven't started using XForms that it is
not
> proven technology yet, because no one is using it, there is no browser
> support, Microsoft aren't implementing, it doesn't slice bread straight or
> make a good cup of coffee, and so on and so forth. When I talk to vendors
> they tell me that they have customers live today, who think that XForms is
> actually more useful than sliced bread.
>
> Well, I have to do a short presentation at a conference next Tuesday, in
> front of a business audience representing a large chunk of the UK life
> insurance industry. They will be there to hear business justification for
> looking at XForms. The question will come up, "Why should we adopt XForms
> when no one else has?" and I expect the person asking might look a little
> smug as they sit back and await the answer.
>
> So, implementors and vendors, I will redirect the question to you in
> advance. How many organisations are using your products today for mission
> critical applications?
>
> Please reply to me direct. If I get enough replies to this question
> (unlikely I guess), I will do a quick sum and, good or bad, I will post
the
> answer. If those who reply could give some indication as to customer size,
> or application size that would add interest.
>
> If I don't post again on this subject, assume that either I was killed in
> tragic accident involving an XForms  model, a bread slicing machine and
> coffee maker, or I didn't get enough replies, or I forgot.
>

> All the best
>

> Mark
>
> --
>
> The information in this email is sent in confidence for the addressee only
> and may be legally privileged. Unauthorised recipients must preserve this
> confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately of the
error
> in transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on its content is
> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Origo Services Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage
> resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or the
contents.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail
address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you are not the
addressee of this e-mail you should not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use
it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify us by telephone or e-mail the sender by replying to this
message, and then delete this e-mail and other copies of it from your computer
system.  Thank you.