RE: using the bookmarks demo?

From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:39:07 +0100
To: "'DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) '" <bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com>
Cc: "''www-forms@w3.org' '" <www-forms@w3.org>

Hello Bob,

> Can anyone suggest an  XForms client/XForm/CGI script combination
> that demonstrates the kind of basic level of XForms client/server
> interaction that I described? I'm not even that interested in the
> server, I mostly just want to use an XForm form and see the XML
> that it creates.

There are lots of such demos, but a few simple ones are in the Test Suite.
Take a look at Chapter 11, and you will see a few tests that Leigh Klotz
wrote that use the various formats that XForms should support to send data
to a server, which then 'reflects' that data back to you. It also shows you
thing like the HTTP method used, so you can get a feel for what is going on
under the hood.

If you have formsPlayer installed then you can run these tests directly from
the mirrored versions on our server:

    <http://www.formsPlayer.com/TestSuite/chapter11.html>

Regards,

Mark