Pre-loading Form fields and Collecting User Form Entries

From: <ade@benue.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 04:53:25 -0400
To: www-forms@w3.org
Hello!

I am new to XForms and have a basic question to ask.

I have a 3-tier web based application that would benefit from XForms. It
basically queries for data from a remotely located database, and allows
certain fields in the queried data to be modified and sent back as an
update to the database.

The queries retrieve the data via a particular XML message, the updates
are however dispatched using a similar but different XML message.

The question is, how do I pre-load my form fields from the initial message
received from the back-end, and send the updates through a different
message. It seems as if I need two data models instances, one for
pre-loading the fields, and a second instance for capturing the user's
edits for dispatched to the back-end.

Any thoughts or ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-- Ade Lucas