XForms - how easy is maintenance?

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:46:20 EST
To: xforms@yahoogroups.com, www-forms@w3.org

I guess ease of maintenance is a little in the eye of the beholder.

As I work with XForms-containing code it seems to me that XForms, with its
binding between different parts of the code and the potential for
event-processing code to be widely separated in large pages, has the
potential to create many maintenance difficulties.

It reminds me of the tangle that early forms of JavaServer pages could
produce once they moved beyond the trivial. Obviously the issues aren't
identical.

It seems to me that XForms has similar potential to be less than easy to
maintain.

Have others been considering this issue? Any thoughts about approaches which
can minimise the likely problems?

Andrew Watt