Extending Xforms schema

From: Al Byers <byersa@automationgroups.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:07:55 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org

I know enough about XML Schemas to be dangerous and I am wondering if
the Xforms schema specification is meant to do what I want to do.

I want to create high level groups of  controls or make custom controls
that have special behavior. And I would like to have these special
control definitions have their own namespaces and be able to use them in
schema-validating XML editors - I want to be able to choose from a
library of special control schemas. I would like for these controls to
be valid anywhere that a standard Xforms control is allowed - within a
"repeat" element, for example. Is the Xforms meant to be extended in
this way or am I way off base here? If it is, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks,
Al

--
Al Byers