Can XForms handle rich text?

From: <Robert_Barker@vanguard.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:42:25 -0400
To: www-forms@w3.org

Thanks for all of your input.

Sounds like we will do a little bit of research to see if the Adobe XML/PDF
product or SVG might help us out.

Bob Barker
The Vanguard Group
----- Forwarded by Robert Barker/VGI on 08/29/2003 03:41 PM -----
                      guard.com                To:       www-forms@w3.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:       (bcc: Robert Barker/VGI)
                      www-forms-request        Subject:  Can XForms handle rich text?
                      08/29/2003 08:46

We are working on a web based solution to capture documents in XML in order
to display later in different formats.

The issues we are facing are:

1.  How to capture Rich Text like italics, bold, underline, bulleted items.
We are trying to use something other than Microsoft Client Software
Products (Word, Infopath).

2.  How to display the xml in a PDF or html format retaining the nice
format?  Here are thoughts are to use XSL-FO, but we are looking for a tool
to help us create the formatted output.

Can XFORMS capture the rich text (bullets, italics, etc.)?

Any other thoughts?  Thanks.

Bob Barker
The Vanguard Group.