Storing values of "select" controls

From: Roman Huditsch <roman.huditsch@hico.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:26:17 +0200
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

I am actually confronted with an user requirement concerning the layout and logic of an XForms file, which I currently can't fullfil.
I hope that someone of this mailinglist can give me an important hint.
So what's the problem...

As I have understood the XForms specification, all selected values of a "select"-control are stored in the bound element (or attribute) as whitespace seperated list.
Example: <selectedValues>yellow red green blue</selectedValues>

So far so good.

What my user want is the following:

He want to be able to select different values from a "select"-element, but the corresponding values should not be stored as a whitespace seperated list.
But the values should be stored like:

Is there any way to do so?
I thought about solving this problem over repeating structures, but this would mean that following select-elements must not include values ehich have been chosen before....

Pleas help me.

with best regards,