RE: [XForms] XForms and InfoPath

From: Shone Sadler <ssadler@qlinktech.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:04:17 -0400
To: <XForms@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>
InfoPath does generate an XSD for the XML instance data based on data-types and limited constraints selected by the user in the design tool.

Furthermore, it does provide a wizard for building a new form from an existing schema or XML instance data file.   But, once you are in the design-tool the concept of a schema is lost from the form-designer.  There is no direct way (as far as I know to directly manipulate the XSD or XML instance data) from the design tool.  But if you need to switch out the XSD after designing the form I imagine you could simply switch out the XSD within the template/Zip file (I haven’t tried it myself).

Shone Sadler