From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 3:40 PM
To: www-forms@w3.org; xforms@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [XForms] XForms and InfoPath

A follow up comment to my earlier question about XForms and InfoPath.

Quite unexpectedly, today I have ended up reading quite a bit of Microsoft's
publicly available information on InfoPath.

Relevant URLs include:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/infopath/default.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column18.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/infopath/guide.asp (Document download
of ‾50 pages)

InfoPath is being sold as XML delivering dynamic forms front end for XML Web
Services.

I still haven't seen InfoPath in the flesh but, at the present time, it seems
to me that XForms and InfoPath are going to be going head to head in certain
spaces.

I think the XML-enabled forms space is going to be a very, very interesting
one over the next couple of years.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if both XForms and InfoPath "win" - in the
sense that both technologies gain substantial market following.

Maybe, just maybe, InfoPath 2.0 will make use of XForms??? :)

Interesting times lie ahead. At least that is my $0.02. :)

Andrew Watt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

 <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705016061:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3083889∝=egroupweb&pos=HM>

 <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3083889.4452939.1728375/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=453627088>