RE: XSLT and XForms

These are my experiences with GUIs and XSLT:

I've started creating client side GUI components for IE6 a few
months ago.
First I used XSLT for the HTML generation. The transformation
alone was really fast but the IE parsing and rendering took too
long, especially for large grids.

Later on I found that XSLT was unpractical, especially for small
pieces of HTML. And when it comes to user interactivity changes
to the HTML are really small!

At this time I had already started coding GUI changes as DOM
manipulations. Suddenly I had two implementations for one
problem: one as XSLT and another as JScript DOM manipulation.
Thus I decided to abandon XSLT.
Now the 100% DOM version is not really faster, but more flexible.
IE parsing and rendering still takes about 70% of the response
time. Perhaps M$ can improve that...

But anyway, IMHO DOM manipulation is the best way for
implementing rich client side GUIs in a browser.

greets,

Matthias