Re: FORMs and GET

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:39:56 -0500 (EST)
To: tvraman@almaden.ibm.com
Cc: John_Barton@hpl.hp.com (John J. Barton), paul@prescod.net (Paul Prescod), www-forms@w3.org
> 0) The long term goal is for XForms to replace HTML forms.

Then you need to fully support GET going forward.

> 1) HTTP GET
> for submitting large amounts of data is depricated because of its
> well-known problems in that area.

Of course.  But HTML GET forms are not used for submitting large amounts
of data.  They are used to construct a new URI.

> 2) If you read the XForms spec, you'll see that it takes care of
> legacy issues and backward compatibility,
> as well as transitioning things to the new world.

I can't find any discussion of these issues in the latest WD.  There's a
mention of transitioning from HTML to XForms in section 2, but it
doesn't mention GET.  Do you have an URL for the section you're
referring to?