Re: Naming: select1 vs. singleSelect

On Monday 26 August 2002 18:44, Micah Dubinko wrote:

> If you think about it, "selectMany" really should have been named
> "selectZeroOrMore". It's the most general casee, so we gave it the most
> general name.

I have thought about it, and I realize that logically that's correct. But
intutively, selectMany is easier to understand and remember because selecting
many elements is the most characteristic use of it. I can use a newspaper to
swat flies, but it's still a newspaper to me and not a newspaperOrFlySwatter.