RE: Element-level refresh

Ismael,

quick answer: XForms 1.0 no, anything XForms
after that (1.1, 2.0) yes, without speaking
on behalf of the working group.

The so-called "XForms Submit Protocoll" in the
early requirements [1] documents envisioned a
continuous data flow between the running XForms
client and the server based on XML. It was once
agreed that a good way to tackle this might be
by integrating XML Protocoll (SOAP) into XForms.

XForms 1.0 from the spec point-of-view will most
likely be quite spotty in this area, but
implementors are free to add this support.
XForms 1.1 or 2.0 will then define something more
concrete in the spec.

All the best,

- Sebastian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xhtml-forms-req-19990906#req-inter