RE: XML Forms and XForms

From: Josef Dietl <josef@mozquito.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:18:23 +0100
To: "Rodrigue Vaudan" <vaudrodr@students.hevs.ch>, <www-forms@w3.org>, <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Hello Rodrigue, hello Andrew, hello Jouni,

I'll see to it that the terminology gets straightened out. Your input is
well appreciated, and as Jouni points out, the solution is not really
obvious.

"My XForms is not working" sounds natural to me - but it refers only to
the XForms functionality. Can you imagine what could be used once the
body of the form is in just some markup language (for a beginning,
XHTML, SVG, VoiceXML, or SMIL), and "only" the forms-specific parts are
XForms?

Producing a PDF version shouldn't be exorbitantly difficult, as the
publishing process is based on XML anyway. The art may be in producing a
suitable stylesheet. For the time being, we prefer putting our thought
in working on the content, I'm sure PDF will move onto the plan in due
time.

Looking forward to your terminology input,

Josef