Re: Terminology - XForms forms

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 AndrewWatt2001@aol.com wrote:

> It seems to me that we (particularly those of use who have been and will be
> writing about the technology) need a suitable term to distinguish an "XForms
> form" from an "HTML form".
> It seems to me that "XForms form" and "XForms forms" are the most natural
> terms.

I have trouble seeing "XForms forms" as a good solution, although I agree
that it probably is technically the most correct one.

The REALLY natural terms IMO are "XForm" and "XForms", despite the fact
that the singular of "XForms" is specifically mentioned as being wrong.
Other languages make this more interesting though; "XForms form"
translates to about "XForms-lomake" in Finnish, and since the translation
is no more hampered by the repetition of "forms", I might even imagine
someone using it. However, the English version "XForms form" sounds a bit
too complicated to get used to.

I'll be amazed if the mass of future web developers won't just talk
about "my XForm not working".

Best regards,

Jouni