Re: Strange construction in XForms schema

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:53:12 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org
Josef Dietl wrote:
.../...

> You are right, effectively we are building something that wasn't
> possible if "written out" - but as so often in computer sciences, one
> level of indirection solves every problem.

I wish this was true with W3C XML Schema :=( ...

The restrictions of use with xs:all have been discussed at length before
the specification went to Recommendation and they are here because of
potential problems with the implementation of schema validators as
finite state machines that you won't workaround by embedding a xs:all
within a xs:group.

Whether documented or not in the Recommendation, doing so probably means
that 50% of the schema validators will blow up trying to validate some
of the combinations you expect to allow by the schema.

Eric

--
Rendez-vous  Paris pour une visite guidee de la nebuleuse XML.
                                           http://dyomedea.com/formation/