tree-structured select one/many

From: Jim Wissner <jim@jbrix.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 18:57:44 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org

Is there a way to construct a selectOne or selectMany that has choices
ordered in a tree format?  For static data it would make sense to allow for
this, rather than a multi-selectOne with each successive one being
dynamically created by the previous one's choice.  In addition it would
allow for better, more flexible and intuitive visual implementations than a
growing series of lists like we see in today's forms (and, from what I can
tell, is continued in xforms).

Could I legally just make something like:

	<caption>Select vehicle:</caption>

...and use '|' (or whatever) as a delimiter to create the tree? Is there
another way to accomplish this in a cross-processor way (I suspect this way

Open Source Software
Java - XML - Speech Recognition