RE: Model properties

From: Micah Dubinko <MDubinko@cardiff.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:21:57 -0800
To: "'Rodrigue Vaudan'" <vaudrodr@students.hevs.ch>, www-forms@w3.org
If I understand correctly, you would want something like this:

(xforms: represents XForms namespace, my: represents some other instance
data namespace)

  <xforms:bind ref="root/firstname" required="true"/>
  <xforms:bind ref="root/address" required="true"/>

<!-- note that 'required="false"' is the default, and thus not needed as
markup for lastname -->

With the instance separated, you could easily grab the initial instance data
from an XML database or any server-side process (for instance to provide
initial values). Then you'd have:

  <xforms:instance xlink:href="http://my.server/get-instance"/>