RE: xforms development questions: anyone there?

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.  I apologize for the length of my
earlier posts, I guess I was a little over-anxious! I will keep my posts
short from now on. :)

This question is a simple one. With the selectBoolean control, how is it
handled when the field to which it is bound is optional, and for a given
instance data set there is no value? Having it displayed as true or false
misleads the user to thinking that there is in fact a value set, and if it
is "defaulted" to their desire choice, they may not touch it, thinking it
is set properly. Should a value automatically be assigned upon display of
this control? I have wondered the same thing about selectOne, with a
drop-down box, however in that case I assume it is acceptable to add a
blank item to the top of the choice list.

Thanks,
Jim